This is the less formal part of the website, where you find out more about me. My name is Judy, and I have helped businesses build strong, effective relationships with their stakeholders and customers for more than 20 years. I can help you tell your organization’s story by providing top-notch writing, public relations, and marketing services at a reasonable price.
My specialties are:
• Media relations
• Community partnerships
• Crisis communications
• Public speaking and presentations
• Branding and strategic panning
I have trained leadership teams at small companies, school districts, and non-profit groups to help them maximize the talent they have in their own organizations. Judy Ramos Public Relations is designed to help leaders create aligned messages, build trust among stakeholders, and keep their organizations' reputations intact during a crisis.
Current and past clients include:
- Allied Fleet Solutions
- Captain Nathaniel Mills Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution
- Fairhill School
- Fort Worth Genealogical Society
- Fort Worth ISD
- Granbury ISD Board of Trustees
- Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD
- Northwest ISD
- Padre Beach Rentals
- Pathways to Independence
- The SHINE Initiative
- Solo DD Consultants
- Tend-Mend-Defend Dog Rescue
- Numerous individual clients who require writing, editing, proofreading, and research services for cover letters, resumes, essays, speeches, scholarship applications, slide show presentations, doctoral dissertations, master's degree theses, and websites.
Throughout my public relations career, I provided consulting services to organizations to help improve their public relations and marketing efforts.
- Consultations with various groups to evaluate marketing materials to determine how they communicate the organization’s brand and mission.
- Presentations for Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) Summer Leadership Institute, on writing to increase community engagement, speech writing, and delivering an elevator speech.
- Marketing and tourism representative on the American Institute of Architects Regional Urban Design Assistance Team (RUDAT) to study the City of Las Cruces, New Mexico and recommend actions to improve economic development, tourism, and local community relations.
- Presenter for Dallas Baptist University’s Educational Leadership classes to help aspiring superintendents understand the important role public relations has in a school district.
- Consultant for Lake Travis ISD leadership team to determine their needs for their first-ever communications position in their district and to help them craft the requirements for that position.
- Presenter for genealogical societies in Dallas-Fort Worth on ancestry research methods.
I have conducted many other presentations and workshops for the tourism industry, economic development groups, K-12 education, and genealogy societies. The organizations I have worked with include Texas Association of Partners in Education, HEB Chamber of Commerce, Texas Association of Convention & Visitor Bureaus, DFW Area Tourism Council, East Texas Tourism Association, Arlington Genealogical Society, Erath County Genealogical Society, Mid Cities Genealogical Society, Fort Worth Genealogical Society.
May 2016 - I received the Mamie Wynne Cox Historical Research Award from the Daughters of the Republic of Texas for the research article, "Maria Gertrudis Perez Brought Her Pedigree and Aristocratic Status to Early Texas Government." I am proud to contribute to the body of work written about early Texas history. This article will be added to the DRT Library in San Antonio.
I have a family that includes my husband, son, and rescue cats and dogs. When I am not working or with my family, I do extensive ancestry research and genealogy freelance writing. In 2013, my husband and I published an e-book, “Autism Parent Survival Guide.” Our son was diagnosed with autism in 2003 and after a decade of doctors, therapists, schools, and caregivers, we wanted to help other parents.
My five Gallup strengths are: COMMUNICATION - I like to explain, to describe, to host, to speak in public, and to write. COMPETITION - I play to win. I take no prisoners. I am driven. INPUT - I am inquisitive. I soak up knowledge like a sponge. I got a master's degree because I was bored. INTELLECTION- I like to think, think, think. I have to exercise the muscles in my brain constantly. LEARNER - I love the process of learning. The thrill of learning new facts and then becoming skilled at something is exciting.
I hope you will contact me if you need help with that next presentation, article, speech, or training seminar. Call me at 817-523-1217 or email me at Judy@JudyRamosPR.com